Serves 2-4 people depending on cup size
Grind: Slightly coarser than drip
Time: 6 min
1. Run hot water through the filter. Drain completely. This helps seat the filter and warm your chemex.
2. Add 50g coffee to the filter and start your timer.
3. Pour 90g water into the center of the cone to saturate the grounds evenly. This stage is called the “BLOOM”.
4. After 1 minute, slowly pour a third of the water in a spiral starting in the middle and slowly expanding to the edges of the grind bed. Do not pour on the sides. Grounds should be evenly colored and evenly covered by water.
5. Repeat pouring over the course of roughly 6 minutes until you have reached 800g water. You should be adding water roughly ever 30-45 seconds.
6. Serve and Enjoy
Serves 1-2 people depending on cup size
Time: 4 min
1. Put 20g freshly ground coffee into French press. Start the timer.
2. Pour roughly half the water (160g) into the French press and stop. Stir the coffee 3-4 full rotations. After the bloom has settled (60 secs), add another 160g water. Put the top on, and start your timer for 3 minutes.
3. After 4 minutes, press the top and enjoy.
Notes: This is one of the most common ways to make coffee at home. It’s a quick and fairly hands off process, and can produce some very amazing results.
Serves 4-6 people depending on cup size
Grind: Medium Fine
Time: 4 to 5 min
1. Put water in coffee maker, 1280g or 60 ounces.
2. Put 80g freshly ground coffee inside filter basket and push start.
3. After brewing, pour into your favorite cup and enjoy.
Notes: “Drip” is the most common household coffee maker. We don’t recommend it unless it is a Certified SCAA Brewer. You can get great results with: fresh high quality beans, the correct grind with a burr grinder. We recommend https://us.moccamaster.com for your at home auto drip brewer.
Time: 3 min
1. Pull your aeropress apart into the open position. Place it upside down with the paper filter on top. Unscrew the top.
2. Put 20g coffee on top of the filter.
3. Start your timer. Add water half way to the top (160g), and stir to saturate the grounds. Then, fill to the top of the aeropress with water and screw on the paper filter top. (Another 160g). You know have 320g water in your AeroPress.
4. At 3 minutes, flip it right side up and press into your cup.
Notes: The specialty coffee industry uses the aeropress as a French press filtered with paper, which makes clean up easy.
Serves 1 person, and is our first choice for at home brewing
Grind: Slightly Finer Than Drip
Time: 4 min
1. Place your pour over unit (we recommend the Fellow Stag) on your cup. Place a filter into your Stagg Brewer.
2. Run hot water through the filter. Drain completely.
3. Add 25gcoffee to the filter and start your timer.
4. Pour 50g water into the center of the cone to saturate the grounds evenly to BLOOM the coffee and let rest for 45 seconds.
5. After 45 seconds, slowly pour in more water in a spiral motion starting in the middle and moving to the edges of the grind bed. Do not pour on the sides. Grounds should be evenly colored and covered
6. Repeat pouring in a spiral pattern of the course of 3:30 seconds until you have reached 400g water. You should be adding more water approximately ever 30-45 seconds.
Enjoy the best cup of your life.